The Center for Internet Security’s CIS Control #9 relates to the management of ports, protocols, and services (PPS) on devices that are a part of your network. The entwined relationship between services, protocols and ports is important to understand – you can’t have one without the other. NNT delivers a unique solution that addresses CIS Control #9 in addition to many of the other critical controls.
This guide will help the reader to understand:
• Why the control of open ports, protocols and services is an essential cybersecurity control
• Which open ports and protocols are viewed as safe for any network, and which are considered unsafe?
• How do you detect open ports and protocols on your network?
• Port Monitoring: How to identify which services and applications are using which ports and protocols?
• What to do if you need to remove open ports, protocols and/or services from your systems